Funny Comics Scans: Lil' Sigmund by Lou Trakis 1947

This comic book story by Lou Trakis appeared as filler pages in Katzenjammer Kids issue #20 published by Standard Comics in the Spring of 1952.



I don't know anything about the artist, but he sure knew how to draw comics with a carefree, breezy look!

Click on the pictures below
to see BIG Hi-Res scan of each comic book page




I just really enjoy the loosey-goosey, bouncy-silly look of these drawings. After scanning through hundreds of pages of old comics, these just jumped right out at me.



The artist is obviously very skilled, but he's not slick in the slightest. That's a good thing.



I love the goofy faces with the wonky expressions. The faces of all the characters looks the same, but he makes up for it by giving each one a very distinctive costume and hat. Very primitive...like a Bazooka Joe comic.



No "art" here, no subtle characterization.

Nothing new or groundbreaking.

But it made me smile. I hope it made you smile, too.
___________

UPDATE: There's LOTS more comic book scans
to look at and download! Click HERE

  • ...And if you liked this post, please help me share it
(Click one or more of the links directly below) Thanks!

0 comments:

Post a Comment