tasty tuesday: lemon blueberry pancakes



As some of you may be aware of, I'm totally a salt & caramel kind of a girl.  Totally obsessed.  Perhaps even bordering on an unhealthy obsession.  But whatevs.  Although that remains my all-time favorite combo of flavors (for the moment), I do have to say that blueberry and lemon are right up there.  They complement each other so well, and I definitely tend to go a little blueberry/lemon crazy in the summers since we're lucky enough to grow blueberries on our farm.  Soooo....that means an endless supply of free blueberries!  

Please don't hate me.


I made these on a quiet Sunday afternoon after drooling over photos of them over at one of my very favorite food blogs: Pastry Affair!  I tweaked them a little, and am so pleased with how they turned out.

Blueberry Lemon Pancakes
Yield: ~4 servings
adapted from: Pastry Affair

1 1/2 cup Flour
1 tablespoon Baking Powder
2 tablespoons Sugar
Zest of 1 Lemon
1/2 teaspoon Salt
1 large Egg
2 tablespoons Vegetable Oil
1 cup Milk
1 1/2 tablespoon freshly squeezed Lemon juice
1 1/3 cup Blueberries

1)  In a large bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, sugar, lemon zest and salt.
2)  In a separate bowl, whisk together egg, milk, oil and lemon juice.
3)  Make a well in the dry ingredients, add the wet ingredients, and whisk together.
4)  Stir together until just combined (lumps are totally cool here!).
5)  Finally, fold in blueberries.
6)  Pour 1/4 cup or so of batter onto a heated pan or griddle and cook each side until lightly browned.
7)  Serve with lemon glaze, maple syrup, or a blueberry sauce!

[Optional: Lemon glaze]:
1 tablespoon Lemon juice
1 cup Icing Sugar
2 tsp of Lemon zest

Stir together lemon juice and zest, and slowly add icing sugar until desired consistency is reached.
Drizzle over pancakes, and serve!




Also, I've always been curious about those tall, gorgeous pancake stack you see everywhere.  They look awesome, but really, who can eat that many pancakes?  Seriously!  But...I caved, and made mini pancakes, and stacked them all up.  Peer pressure I guess.  I do have to say that it was worth it. Haha.

When eating them, I toned the stack down to three....limits people, limits.



Oh ya, and I added a lemon glaze to drizzle over top. So delish.

p.s.   kelsey

0 comments:

Post a Comment