weekly wrap-up : instagrams

This past week has been insanely busy for me! To kick it off, Caleb & I went backpacking in the gorgeous mountains of Kananaskis and had an absolute blast celebrating our one-year anniversary which I blogged about here.
I look pretty hardcore, don't I? Sadly, we didn't actually catch any fish =(
I also made another DIY summer fedora with some leftover ribbon from our wedding & another hat I found at the dollar store =)
I also had the pleasure of meeting & hosting the lovely Calgary blogger, Celine, of the Driftwood Diaries. She's such an inspiration & so wonderfully creative! Blogger, musician, artist, and master of words, this girl is amazing & I'm excited about our new budding friendship =) She played us a song that she had written for a wedding in Edmonton and I absolutely fell in LOVE with this girl. So much beautiful raw talent!

This week marked the beginning of my summer job as a tennis instructor, I'm sooo excited!! & very happy to say my first week was amazing!

& because it was absolutely gorgeous with a lovely high of 30 degrees, Caleb & I took our boat out to Lac St. Anne, where I had a very relaxing time reading & modeling my new fedora while Caleb fished his heart out aaand...caught nothing. Poor boy. 

I also made a little furry friend while stopping by the University of Alberta campus =)


And lastly, my week ended with Caleb waking me up at 3 am this morning to go and investigate all the sirens that he had woken up to. We found over 20 emergency vehicles surrounding an apartment that caught on fire only a block away from ours! Thankfully the fire was mainly contained to one unit and only 4 were injured with non-critical injuries.

It made me so thankful to all the hardworking men & women who bravely risk their lives for others. 


Looking forward to what the next week will bring~

ps: clara 


0 comments:

Post a Comment