tasty tuesday: mini chocolate bundt cakes


I have a serious obsession with bakeware...and will soon need a giant cupboard to store everything in.  My latest addition to my collection are two absolutely adorable mini bundt cake pans!  My lovely mother picked them up for me...and I was so excited to try them out!  

(Displaying one of the mini cakes is a cake stand that was from a d.i.y. that we did a couple of months ago!)

I used our favorite chocolate cake recipe, and filled each bundt cake pan just over 3/4 of the way full.  It's better to fill it a bit more than you think, because you can always cut of the excess....but you want to make sure that your cake for sure meets the top of the pan!


Chocolate Cake
  (adapted from Our Treasured Recipes by Central Heights MB Church)

Ingredients:
3 cups Flour
2 cups Sugar
2 tsp Baking Soda
1 tsp Salt
2/3 cup Cocoa
1 TBSP Vanilla
2 TBSP Vinegar
3/4 cup Margarine (melted)
2 cups Warm Water


Instructions:

1) Mix together all dry ingredients; then pour all wet ingredients over top and mix until moist.
2) Pour batter into 9x13 pan /or 2 round pans /or cupcake tins (makes about 24-30 cupcakes)
3) Bake at 350: for 35-40 minutes for cake [or until a toothpick comes out clean] OR:  for 20-25 minutes for cupcakes.



I used a sharp knife to trim off the excess cake, so that I would have a nice flat bottom to work with.


The cakes came out so nicely!  It's important that you grease your pans well, so that none of the cake gets left behind when you pull it out!


Then, I placed a small scoop of ice cream right in the middle of the cake and added chopped peanuts and mini chocolate chips.....then I drizzled caramel sauce over everything!


The end result was magnificent!  And it was a nice change from the usual chocolate cupcakes and buttercream that I sometimes get stuck in.  


I hope you're having a lovely October!


p.s.   kelsey

0 comments:

Post a Comment