tasty tuesday: bridal shower cookies


These cookies were part of a dessert table that Jordyn and I prepared for my dear friend Jenna's bridal shower!  


Sugar cookies are so easy, and the possibilities for decorating them are endless!  Don't worry if your dough is a bit crumbly....once you start rolling it out it will come together.


I like my sugar cookies quite thick, so that they come out nice and soft!  Just note that thicker cookies may require an extra minute or so of baking time.

Sugar Cookies:

Ingredients:
1/2 cup Butter
3/4 cup Sugar
2 tsp Vanilla
1 Egg
1 TBsp Milk
2 cup Flour
1 tsp Baking Powder

Directions:
1)  Cream butter - add sugar, vanilla, egg and milk; beat hard.
2)  Add flour and baking powder to cream mixture and beat again. 
3)  Roll onto flour board and cut into shapes.
4)  Bake at 400 degrees F for 5-6 minutes.



Royal Icing:
Ingredients:
1 egg white
Icing sugar

Directions:
1)  Mix in icing sugar with your egg white until the desired consistency has been reached.
2)  Just add a (very small!) amount of water to adjust the thickness.
3)  Keep covered until you're using it or else it will start to harden!



Once the cookies are cool, I use a ziplock bag to pipe royal icing in an outline of whatever design I have chosen.  Here I did a heart-shape outline slightly lower on the top in order to mimic the top of a dress.  I did a few wedding dresses, as well as a few pink dresses since that's the colour of our bridesmaid dresses!

After the outline has dried, I flood the cookies with slightly thinner royal icing....and then add sprinkles and details to my heart's content!



Enjoy!

ps: kelsey ♥

0 comments:

Post a Comment