diy : bleached "oh deer" tank top

Anyone who knows me knows that I say, "oh dear" too much and with this new craze over "deer", I thought it would be fitting to put the two together. So here it is, my version of the very popular bleached shirt diy with a silly pun! Oh dear, indeed... So here's what you need: 


I thrifted an oversized, comfy black tank top from Goodwill and for my deer stencil, I simply googled "deer silouette", found one that I liked, and then printed it in black and white. Simplicity is best.


{ i n s t r u c t i o n s }

1. stick your piece of cardboard underneath your tank top - this is to ensure that the bleach doesn't bleed through the back.
2. cut out your stencil and don't worry about being overly precise & accurate!
3. tape your tank top to your piece of cardboard so it doesn't shift around and then tape your stencil to where you want it on your tank top.
4. grab your paint brush, dip it in bleach, and paint away!


I added an extra touch to my tank top by free-handing a banner with the words "oh deer" and also doing a couple paint spatters, which can be done by simply flicking your paintbrush a couple inches away from your shirt. Get creative! There's so many different ways to make this diy uniquely "you".

This diy has quickly become one of my all-time favourite tank tops and I've received sooo many compliments and "where did you get this?" comments. So I encourage you, do your own twist and get a fabulous, unique, one-of-a-kind piece for your closet! You won't regret it :)

p.s. ♥ clara


0 comments:

Post a Comment