diy : buttoned up infinity scarf


As the weather starts cooling down, I thought a perfect way to bring in the fall spirit was to do a diy based on my favourite fall accessory: scarves! I loveee scarves and I especially love the look and the coziness of infinity scarves, so enjoy this very simple and oh-so-cute scarf makeover!

Supplies needed - some old knit scarves, buttons, and leftover pieces of yarn!

First things first, line up your buttons on one end of your scarf.
Make sure they're fairly evenly spaced apart!

Cut out 2 pieces of yarn for your buttons. I doubled up on the yarn for a little more stability.  I chose red yarn to go with my grey scarf to add some warmth and in (yes, very, VERY early) preparation for Christmas-time! I confess, I'm that person that sings Christmas songs months before December, gets ecstatic about the first snowfall, and drink litre after litre of eggnog as soon as it hits the stores.

{  I   N   S   T   R   U   C   T   I   O   N   S  }

1. Take your 2 pieces of yarn, grab a skewer (or something along those lines..) and poke your yarn through your button holes.
2. Using the skewer, poke your yarn through the scarf.
3. Double knot, triple knot, figure eight knot those pieces of yarn!
4. And voila, the back of your scarf should look like so. Grab a pair of scissors and snip off the edges and you're done! 

I am so in love with both of these scarves! They're so cozy and warm and wonderfully fall-ish. Look out for an outfit post featuring these in the future cause they are definitely going to become a staple in my fall wardrobe. Happy fall dear friends!!

p.s.   clara

0 comments:

Post a Comment