tasty tuesday: pumpkin pie yogurt parfaits!


I am absolutely in love with fall. As a girl who grew up in southern Ontario, I seriously miss the beautiful changing colours of Ontario's countless maple trees. Fall to me meant long hours raking our big backyard with my little brother then jumping off our trampoline into mountainous piles of crunchy, colourful leaves. It also meant pumpkin season. Every year, my parents took us out to the pumpkin patch where we would get to pick a pumpkin (not everyone is as blessed to have grown up on a real farm *cough* kelsey *cough*... and no, I'm not jealous... not at alllll..). I'm getting side-tracked though, so to get to the point, fall = pretty leaves = pumpkins = best season ever. 
Don't ask how that equation works, it just does. And yes, math is not my friend. 

So here's a deliciously simple breakfast or snack for all you fellow pumpkin-loving fall people!
Seriously, it's awesome. Healthy, scrump-ta-la-lump-tious, and so so simple!


Ingredients

1 cup pumpkin puree
1 tsp cinnamon
pinch of nutmeg
2 tbsp maple syrup

1 cup greek yogurt
1 cup of your favourite granola
1 tbsp hemp


Instructions

1. Mix together the first four ingredients.
2. Start with a base layer of granola.
3. Layer in your greek yogurt and pumpkin mixture.
4. Finish it off with a dollop of greek yogurt and sprinkle more granola and hemp on top.
5. If using mason jars, make extras and stick them in your fridge for an easy breakfast-to-go!


Happy pumpkin picking, dear friends!

p.s.   clara

0 comments:

Post a Comment