thirsty thursday: frappuccino for one


So...yeah.  It seems like everyone is a teensy bit (ok...maybe super duper) excited about all of the Starbucks seasonal drinks that are finally back!!  I am no different, and have totally been obsessing over the fact that I can order a salted caramel frapp/mocha/hot chocolate again.  
Seriously, it's the best flavor.

Anyways, that's not the point of this post.  The point is that you can make your own frapps at home.  And for a lot cheaper.  So....while I definitely still splurge on Starbucks once in a while, I know I can always get my frapp fix by whipping up my own.

Plus, this way you don't even have to leave the house.  Win win, eh?


Frappuccino for One:
Ingredients:
1/3 cup very strong coffee (or espresso if you're hardcore!) - chilled
1/2 cup milk
1 tbsp sugar
6ish ice cubes
{a pinch of xanthan gum to keep it from separating!)

Mocha Frapp: 1 1/2 tbsp chocolate syrup

Caramel Frapp: 1 1/2 tbsp caramel syrup

Mocha Caramel Frapp: 1 tbsp chocolate syrup
                                     1 tbsp caramel syrup

Directions: 
Place all ingredients in a blender (we used our magic bullet and it worked just fine!), and blend until smooth.  I found that doing shorter pulses worked the best!

Optional: Top with whipped cream, caramel drizzle (and salt of course!), chocolate drizzle, or whatever suits your fancy!

Note: Your frapp will tend to separate fairly quickly, so don't be alarmed!  Just stir as you drink....or you can pull a starbucks and add a pinch of xanthan gum to help it stay together!


As you can clearly see in these photos....I did not have xanthan gum on hand, therefore my frapp separated while I farted around taking photos.  Oh dear.  #foodphotographerproblems



Obviously I topped this one with salt and caramel...haha.  Did you expect anything less of me?

This recipe will change you life!  And your wallet will thank you. 
Now go on, make one for yourself!

p.s.   kelsey

0 comments:

Post a Comment